Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I have a confession.

No I didn’t cheat.  But its about as bad in the eyes of the law.  I cuss.  I cuss a lot.  I am a potty mouth that can compete with a sailor.  And what’s worse.  I live in the grand town of Middleboro in the awesome state of Ma.  I am slightly offended that the town voted and passed such a silly bylaw to enforce the no cussing law.  If I was not tied up else where I would have been the 51st person to vote not to pass this law.  However it would have been like pissing in the wind since the majority voted for it. 
                I am greatly concerned for the fact that the fines are at the discretion of the local police and may be effected by an individuals mood.  If I dared walk around the tiny downtown of Middleboro and utter the words Poppycock.  Some of our locals finest may take offense and hand me a $20 fine.  Are you kidding.  What some my find offensive may not be offensive even if it can be used in a different connotation.  I shudder to think what this great moment in local history will cost me in court fees when someone finally takes the town to court for a fine violating our freedoms of speech.

Sigh!  Sometimes it just sucks to live in such a progressive time that we actually have become so focused on stupid crap.

Happy blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment