Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Dirt!

We are special in our food needs now.  We have come to realize that our beloved Big Macs will not count as a “healthy” food because it has the basics of the food groups in it.    When we shop at the super market we now walk the parameter of the store.  Instead of meandering thru the entire store.  We have come to the conclusion that what we did before was evil.  We relegate anyone who dares stray off the MF path as a “sinner”.  They sinned against themselves but worse of all against our beloved Medifast.  I honestly don’t agree with the sin/sinner point of view.  If we don’t live we don’t learn.  However I also agree to a certain extent.  But not for the reasons anyone would think.  I read an article yesterday about the dirt in our food.  And really when we sit down and think about it we see the truth in it.  Our food is mass produced and packaged.  Where all production facilities are to be food grade and inspected there is still a “reasonable” amount of dirt allowed into our foods.  After that it will sit on a shelf until it is close to its pull date.  Then marked down and sold at a much reduced price.  EWWW  I cant get past the reasonable part in this.  Fig Newton’s are known to have bee/wasp parts in it and we are ok with that.  EWWWWW.  We eat food that was sitting in a warehouse for god knows how long waiting to be made into something and packaged....EWWW.  After that we let it sit on a shelf for anywhere between a few weeks to a year.  During which time bugs, mice and filth can still attach itself onto our food.  I am completely grossed out.  Everyone was up in arms about the pink slime.  Why does nobody worry about how long their food sits before it gets consumed?  I hereby declare myself proud to be a parameter shopper.  I can choose to eat the fresher food.  They only way I know I can do better is to grow and butcher what I eat myself.  I couldn’t kill but I can certainly grow.  I may stop by and have something indulgent sometime in my life.  But I wont make myself a fixture in the center Isles anymore.  I will let others have the dirt.  I had enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment