Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The 50 Shades

Of GREEN!  I have this damn mystery bruise on my leg that is literally 50 shades of green.  It doesn’t hurt but OMG what the hell did I do?  Maybe I was doing Aerial acrobats or jujitsu in my sleep. NO CLUE!  If anyone sees me running around playing ninja games let me know. 

My legs have been a horror show lately.  I started the c25k and tore muscles on both legs rendering my training null and void.  I have to wait another week see how I do.  I have gone back and started using the cross trainer at the gym.  Giving the allusion of running without the stress on my calves so the pain is not so intense.  After I just go home and ice my poor legs.  On the flip side.  I can attest to the fact that my calves are sooooooo firm.  I was flexing (wincing) and showing he hubby the new muscles bound look I am sporting.  I have been flexing my biceps a lot too...lol.  I love muscles.  I was also just telling the girl who works next to me.  I an see some definition in my abs.  They are still chubby, but there is a tone coming on.

It has also occurred to me this morning in my shower that I was a huge fool for years.  Its hard to change a habit so I see where I was lead astray (lazy does that).  But I got a good laugh out of this.  It is amazing to me that I am friends with so many people in the “health” industry.  I have a friend who owns her own place and is a Zumba instructor and certified for PIYO.  Among all the courses at her place I still didn’t start losing weight years ago.  I have another friend who is a certified personal trainer.  So how come I didn’t start going thru him? (stupidity seems to have ruled my world for so long.)  Then finally I have a friend who is a nutritionist.  Sigh.  It amazes me how thick headed I have been.  Now however.  Its been so beneficial.  I have friends who I can rely on to help me when I am in trouble and need an opinion on my next course of action.

So with all my happy feelings this weekend I actually walked around my house in short shorts and a cute tank.  (unheard of even in my skinny days.)  I used to be so shy about my body when I was younger and thin.  I wish I had those days back.  I would be walking around looking like a fashion plate.  Sigh.  Alas those days may come back.  And hopefully the girly feeling sticks.  I missed doing my hair and makeup.  I missed dressing in cute clothes.  I would like to quote Cinderella: “You don’t know what you got, until its gone”. 

Also as a side note.  Its kind of thrilling for the hubby to be all steamy eyed when he looks at me know.  Brings back the good ole days!

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment