Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Holy stress Batman!

I think soon my head my explode.  I have been under an extraordinary amount of stress this week.  My boss took a long weekend which then turning into a reallllly long weekend.  (Thanks boss man).  We have a slow down this week so most of the drivers called out.  I am getting yelled at by customer service for orders getting missed and undelivered.  And getting calls from the customers for the very same things.  My boss knowing what was coming up decided WTH I will take two of those days off and hand over my job duties to Christina.  He added an extra day to it.  While here everything is starting to really snowball.  Things are going from bad to worse by the minute.  Here are my typical duties for the day.  I answer a steady stream of phone calls from a minimum of 50 drivers daily. Which means the phones do not stop.  I have 4 other dispatchers here including the above mentioned boss man.  Only one of these dispatchers helps with the calls.  The others expect us two ladies to act as secretaries which is annoying and time consuming.  During the day I have to continue to dispatch drivers onto more work that needs to be delivered or in some cases picked up.  This week this task has been nigh impossible.  I also have a full time job of customer service.   I have my own customers and I have to process the orders take care of any appointments that need to be made and since I have a back ground in this already in this company and the Customer Service dpt is lacking in employees.  I get the pleasure of being two people in one.  Its hard and I am the only one who does this and nobody to help when things get sticky.  Now on top of this since I am lead dispatch I have to train any newbies.  So when my boss left and I had to take on his duties you can only imagine the hell I have been going thru.  Because I had to train and be three different people at once I was fairly done by the end of the day.  Now on top of that the person I was attempting to train was a sassy POS.  Every time I tried to explain how to do something he got mad and wouldn’t listen.  To the point where I finally blew up on the man and told him, the job gets done my way and ONLY my way.  Needless to say he has been shown the door.

Thankfully since my obtuse manager is back I can relax a tad bit.  However I am happy to say as much as  I love my job (insert sarcasm here) I have been sending my resume out to everyone in the great state of Massachusetts.  I finally got a call and had my first interview last night for one that looks really good.  I am going back for another soon.  I am hoping I can watch from afar how this place plummets to the depths of hell for how they shamelessly treat people.

Today I told my boss that it was unacceptable what he had expected me to do and he was damn lucky I didn’t walk out yesterday like I almost did.  Asked him if he was capable of doing his duties plus mine because I had to leave early due to the migraines I am suffering this week.  He said no and actually had the nerve to ask me to come in early tomorrow because he needed a late start.  Guess what my answer was?

Now with all this.  Everything that I wrote above.  What do you think I did.  Did I binge because of stress or did I stay my path?  So out of curiosity, I would love to see what people thought I did.  If you want to know the answer I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment