Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Desperate times call for desperate measures.



The thought came to me today as my sweet lil lover boy Donnie escaped his safe confines of the upstairs...not once today but twice.  I guess he missed his mommy and tried to look for me..under the dish washer, in a boot, in some dark recess of the house...lol.  You know the places all ferret mommies hide.  But its something I cant blame him for.  He felt desperate enough to escape.  Isn’t that how we felt before we started to lose weight?

Wow a ferret putting a profound thought into my brain.  Who woulda thunk it?  If we were not desperate we wouldn’t have found Medifast which is in my opinion a desperate measure.  Desperate enough for us to try before the ultimate desperation move of gastric bypass.  I think this a lot.  But I don’t say it enough.  I am thrilled I found Medifast.   It has changed my life for the better.  I cant wait to get to my goal.  Which I think is going to get changed to an undefined number.  I am going to choose my goal by how I feel.  At this point its not the number that is making my day.  I was wearing large when I was 130 the last time.  The fact that I am shrinking out of my large at 180 is making me happy.  I think I would be fine at 130 but I may not necessarily by the ultimate goal.  I am no longer desperate.  I am content.  Just anxious for the next portion of my journey.

As a side note.  My BFF’s hubby is signed up for the Iron Man next June in Idaho.  I am so thrilled for him as that my friends is pure badassness.

No comments:

Post a Comment