Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Work out demons

I have been working out like a crazy person lately.  I found that it is an awesome stress reliever like writing my blogs.  I have so much stress from work that I actually RAGE at times.  It is not my personality.  I just don’t handle stress well.  You can stick me in an office by myself and pile on the work and I am fine.  You stick me in an office and pile me with work and then give me 100 drivers and 40 other employees asking me for help and I go batty.

So I started to write my blog as often as I can to get things off my chest or just out of my head and out there into the nothingness of the internet.  And that worked allot but I still found that I cannot write all day everyday so I still find myself with allot of pent up stress at the end of the day (hence the twice daily blogs I sometimes put out).  But then when I started my 21 day personal challenge last month I found that it really helped relieve the stress because I was working out like I was possessed.  Putting in the extra 100% effort every evening. 

I then started to bump up the effort from a 10 min a day work out to about 40 and once even pushing myself to an hour.  No harm no foul.  I love the feeling I get from the work outs afterward.  I hate to sweat but I love that sweat after I work out because it means I am accomplishing two things.  Weight loss and stress relief.  Today I figure I would freestyle my work out but running up and down my three flights of stairs and then adding some crunches in so I can lose the bump I still have.  I expect a slow down in weight loss from the exercise since I am now making my fat into muscle which is heavier but I am ok with that.  People at work have all the sudden really noticed for the first time since I started MF that I am losing weight.  I love it when people notice.  It almost took 50 pounds for someone to notice I was less “fluffy”.

Way better than that is, Now I  can see the difference in my body.  My butt is no longer WayYYYYY out there.  My hips are no longer the widest part of my body ( Its now in line with the rest of me).  I no longer have “thunder thighs”.  My girls unfortunately suffered from this (to the dismay of my husband).  I feel amazing.  I can walk forever and not get winded, I can climb stairs and not have to stop and catch my breath I actually run up them now.  I can sing in the car and hold a long note and still have breath left over.  That back flap that has turned out to be my white whale is slowly going away.  Wow I cannot believe how this has changed my whole outlook.

Bring it on work out demons.  I am thankful for you for so many reasons.  And my co workers thank you that I am no longer often in a foul mood.  I will see you tonight where I will kick your butt again!

HUGS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment