Thursday, April 19, 2012

“What would you give up to reach your weight loss goal?” and some odds and ends

Just some random stuff today to write about.  Nothing earth shattering has happened in my life except I HURT!!!!!!  LOL.  Teach me to power thru the pain and work out on the shred again.  Guess what.  I get to rinse and repeat today and tomorrow.  Woot for sore muscles.

But today the ferret that started the shelter I volunteer for passed.  I gave my hugs to my dear friend Diane who is an amazing human.  That was her first ferret and the reason she rescued all of the ones she could find.   DIP Miss Chloe!  After a few tears a friend of mine who does not know Diane at all and who lives on the other side of the country sent me the link to Diane’s post letting everyone know about Chloe.   I am not only amazed that I got it sent to me because she knows how I feel about these babies.  But who knew that Diane had touched so many that even people she didn’t know are sharing the sad passing of a sweet and very lucky ferret.  I am honored and blessed to be a part of this shelter.  I adopted from her and I foster for her.  I give her supplies when she has none and seeing as she survives by donations,  I donate often.

Next I read a short but to the point blog on Sparkpeople today and was intrigued by the title and loved the post.  It was titled “What would you give up to reach your weight loss goal?”   I loved the post so much I thought I would think of things that I would do / give up to hit my goal.  I would gladly give up my size 18-20 clothes (some of which I still wear..I guess its a security thing.  I feel safe).  I would give up my “throne” that rocks when I sit down.  I would give up the pants ridding up your legs giving you the weggie look when you walk.  I would give up the tears every time I went shopping.  I would give up the constant stares from the “skinny” people.  I would also give up on the self loathing.  That’s! What I would give up.

In the words of Spock.  “live long and prosper.”
HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment