Monday, April 16, 2012

The Girl with the Phoenix Tattoo



I have decided that I am getting a tattoo of a phoenix.  It is the symbol of rebirth.  And that is exactly what is happening to me.  I am being reborn.  Not just by getting my slender figure back but by the other changes that have been going on during my journey.  I am so incredibly excited about it.  I want to go get it tomorrow, but I will wait.  I think when I hit 75 pounds lost I will get it.  I want it on my side on my ribcage or my shoulder where I can cover it with sleeves if I choose.  I would be more bold and put it on my biceps but alas...it would not do for work reasons.  I already have one tat that I have to hide during interviews on my wrist.  Its just hardly visible if I wear my big sporty watch.  That tattoo is of the sun and moon (mostly sun)  It represents my outlook in life and my attitude towards it.  I got that one in a pivotal moment in my life when I was living in Italy.  Was kind of funny actually because the night club I worked at it was also their logo.  I do have one other tattoo.  That one I got when I was on my first weekend pass in basic training.  I have a FEAR of only two things and one is of needles.  So I basically had to have someone hold my hand while I “manned” up and got a beautiful tattoo of black rose.  That I put in the middle of my back by the shoulders.  I felt so empowered that day.  I finally faced up to a fear...stared it in the face and said “screw you”.

I love my tats.  I have been wanting another one for years but I always think thru what I want because I am a woman.  I change my mind.  OFTEN.  This is why I am waiting to get the new tattoo.  Just in case.  I may find something I want more or like better.  But this feels soooo right and sooo fits me.  Actually it fits all of us.  We are all being reborn out of our ashes.

Bring on change, bring on the rebirth.  I am the phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment