Tuesday, April 3, 2012

All or nothing or nothing at all?


I am back on track.  Kind words helped.  Special thanks to my friends for helping me see the truth in things.  The below I posted on the Medifast website.  This is what I am sticking with.  Its now HOW its done but just that it GETS done. 



Wow what a mentality we have when it comes to Medifast.  I can honestly say it should depend on the individual.  Prior to my cheat I was 100% OP.  I would NEVER comment negatively when someone else fell off the wagon.  Simply because we all have to make our own decisions.  We are adults and will do what we want anyways.  I am however an advocate of if you cheat, cheat smart.  I know that if you have an craving take a bite.  Otherwise we think we are being deprived.  Being deprived or not,  it is still a feeling.  And can lead to a more destructive eating habit that can completely derail you.  By no means am I telling everyone to cheat but if you do, be prepared.
All or nothing or nothing at all

So here is where it gets sticky.  I was on vacation eating the 4 & 2 plan.  I was eating an average of 1100 calories a day.  I walked for over 8 hours on both days I had cheated.  And no, not back and forth to the potty with sitting time in between.  I mean WALKING for over 8 hours.  I hosted a family and was doing the whole tour guide thing.  So  Per the Mayo Clinic website the below are some totals per hour for walking:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/SM00109

first number is for 160lbs range, second for the 200 pound range (which I fall in) last number is the 240 pound range.


Walking, 2 mph

204

255

305


Walking, 3.5 mph

314

391

469


So lets multiply the numbers by 8.  First row for 2 MPH is a total of 2040. The second for 3.5 MPH is a total of 3128 calories burned.  So I figure I am somewhere in between.  We walked fast and we walked slow.  So all my fitness websites and apps are telling me to eat more even though I have eaten my caloric intake for the day.  I ask my friend who bless her is a nutritionist and was worked with people on Medifast.  Guess what...I’m in starvation mode.  HOLY CRAP.  So not feeling bad on a cheat.  Why should I.  I am already doomed.  I am starving my body.  So no weight loss.  Wow had some one bothered to ask me before a flame it could have been answered without hard feelings.  Would I do it again.  Maybe.  When I am done with Medifast and on T & M are we not going to enjoy the richer foods once in a while.  If you say no your fooling yourself.  I cant predict the future and I cant guarantee I wont cheat again.  And if I do I refuse to feel guilt or shame.  It only leads to more destructive behaviors and attitude.  A diet plan/program is not only to fix the outside but you have to manage yourself mentally.  We all go through the journey.  And we all deal with it differently so the all or nothing mentality is detrimental to some where others find the strength in it.  Don’t force feed your beliefs on others.  Work with them encourage them.  After all its not HOW we do it but that we just DO IT!.  And I remember vividly the first few chapters of Dr. A’s habits for health.  Where he mentioned that cheating is in our DNA that if you cheat don’t beat yourself up.  Paraphrasing this but stuck me.  He didn’t give permission just told you not to kill yourself over it.  My coach has told me this and all coaches should tell their clients this.  Your are doing them a huge disservice it you care condemning them for what they choose to do or not do.  And are effectively making yourself a useless coach.

I had posted to all my real life friends on FB whom all know my journey as they will attest I am the most honest person they know.  I will tell you everything and I don’t care.  However I am an emotional person and am hurt easily.  So with their encouragement I am back to say “screw you” to the negative Nellie’s and “THANK YOU” to everyone who encouraged me yesterday.  They understand that I wasn’t making excuses as a mater of fact they were astounded how long I have been 100% OP because it is hard.  So if you feel the need to flame save it.  Just stick it in your hate and keep it to yourself.  If you feel that you know the answers to me.  Try asking a question to get a more clarified response then a brief blog post.  If your not a medical professional save your holier then thou attitude for your like minded friends.  If you feel the need to defriend me for a personal opinion fine!  Just remember you were shoving yours in my face and expected me to except it.

So here I am after another very brief absence.  Keep your toxic vibes to yourselves and try to behave and treat others as you would have them treat you!!

HUGS!

Again a heart felt thanks to everyone yesterday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment