Saturday, May 12, 2012

Stink eye



I officially gave everyone the stink eye yesterday.  Not that it was my intention.  Kind of hard to avoid it when your eye is swollen half shut.  I calling in yesterday and used one of my rarely needed sick days.  I woke up to one hell of a face yesterday.  Before I looked in the mirror I kept thinking wow I must really be tired I can open my eye.  LOL.  No wonder!  I looked like a monster.  I called my DR and they didn’t have an open time yesterday to see me so suggested the clinic (which I had to wait for 5pm to go) or to try and ice it down and they would take me today if it was still bad.  I used this smelly stuff Draw Out in desperation to pull out what ever was in the bump near my eye that caused the swelling.  Not the smartest thing someone can do without a doctor telling you but like I said I was desperate.  Took the entire day to bring the swelling down.  Most of it is gone still just a bit inflamed today.  Every time I changed my Band-Aid yesterday it was full of yuckies.

On the down side of all this I had to cancel my therapy and didn’t work out.  On the upside I got a day off and caught up on my much needed sleep.  Enjoyed a hot chocolate with my coffee and did some light reading.  Swarmed FB with silly crap and eye updates.  And watched some shows I had DVR’d.  Was nice to just do nothing for once.   I have been so uber caught up in this journey I haven’t really stopped and smelled the proverbial roses in awhile.  Justwork, then work out,  and then I get to go home and housework.  Its starting to wear me out.

But guess what I get to do today...I get to do all of the above.  Today is strength training day.  WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment