Saturday, May 12, 2012

Is fear a good motivator?



I woke the other morning after having what any MF’er would deem a nightmare.  I dreamt that I gained and now weighed 210 again.  That’s over a 20 pound gain!  Needless to say I did what any of us would do.  I got undressed and stepped on the scale to make sure it didn’t happen.  This dream came on top of the doom and gloom blogs I happened upon before bed.  So I feel relieved now that I do not belong to the doomsayers squad because if it affected me like that I can only imagine the damage it would put on my psyche.  I already have issues I don’t need someone else’s projected onto me and cause more harm..lol.    There certainly isn’t room for it in my life.  How beaten down a person must feel to be told that they are forever tied to one set of rules and woe should they stray just a tiny bit.  And it must be exhausting spreading seeds of doubt and mistrust in yourself.  There are a lot of people in the world who haven’t been effected by the doomsayers.  And yet they managed to lose their weight.  Imagine that.  See it can be done!  I would like to call their success “restraint” and “determination”.  I don’t want to be on “training wheels” the rest of my life tied down to what some people say.  How is that a life worth living?

No comments:

Post a Comment