Friday, July 27, 2012

Shabu-Shabu and the Color Run


I am getting so excited.  I got the race packets for my husband and I last night.  And of course there is an area after you pick up your race goodies to get extra shirts, hoodies, tees of all sorts…Drool.  I wanted it all.  I gave in and bought a black racer back tank to work out in and two bracelets.  My husband is going to throw the Blue color and I will throw the green.  I think this is going to be so awesome. 




Woot my Goodies all laid out. 



After on our way home we stopped at a Japanese Steak House and I had Shabu-Shabu for the first time in my life.  I have never seen it before but I accidentally ordered it not fully understanding what I was getting into.  I have never had so much fun eating in my life.  For those who don’t know what Shabu-Shabu is the definition is below:

Shabu-shabu is Japanese style meat fondue. Thinly sliced meat, along with vegetables, mushrooms and tofu is dipped into a hot soup and then into ponzu vinegar or a sesame sauce before being eaten




And I had it with seafood instead of meat.  I wanted sushi but when I had seen the seafood platter I changed my mind and ordered it.  When I got it I had to ask the very nice waiter to explain how to eat it.  My husband seeing what I got was jealous and was trying to give me his sushi so he could have my Yummys instead. Lol!

I now want a table with an electric stove so I can do this at home.  What a great Idea!  Next time however I think I will try it with the beef.  It just looked to damn good.



I will keep everyone updated on the weekend on Monday.

Happy weekend and Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment