Thursday, March 1, 2012

To help or not to help. This is my question.

I have been thinking on this for awhile. It has actually bothered me. I had a friend. (please note the word had) Who would complain with me all the time that we wanted to lose weight. I was the only person who has started and has been successful to date.
When I first started MF and was down my first 15 pounds she was encouraging. I think because I was still in the “iffy” stage where I can fall off the wagon at any minute. Once I hit past that all the sudden my whole attitude changed. I became a B. I have reflected long and hard on this. I have only been excited about my weight loss and when I was approached by her I explained it in detail so if she chose to do so she could do this too. After I told her about MF. I heard her talking to someone about me and my stupid diet. I chalked this up to envy. I am by no means a bombshell. I am merely going back to what I was before I became complacent.
So now when I walk past her I am either ignored or offered her table full of treats. I have not seen a healthy piece of food pass her lips. And that is in 5 years that I have known her. All she buys is chocolate, pizza, chips and she grazes all day on it. I never wanted to say anything about this before because I fear that I would be branded as judgmental. I am mental but I judge what she eats countered with the words that have come out of her mouth. You want to lose weight, You want to eat trash. How can you do both?
Now we are no longer friends but I still want to help. I know I will be rebuffed as it is obvious from her actions if not her words that she doesn’t want it from me. I would like to consider her a friend again. However I do not stand by someone who wants to sabotage me, insult me, and because I have made an effort in my life to become a better person, be harshly treated.
So now I am left with helping by doing it. I will walk my walk just as I talked my talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment