Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My 21 day work out challenge.

I got a frowny face from someone for doing this.
I have dubbed my husband “THE ENFORCER”. He is to nag me if I don’t work out. I am challenging myself to work out at least 15 min a day, Everyday for 21 days straight. I am doing this to form the habit. I have been very politician like and waffling between exercise and no exercise. And I am trying to get out of that habit. And I know in order to maintain I will need to have good habits in place and the time to start working on that is NOW.
The work outs for the 21 days are a low impact cardio. I found a perfect DVD from Sparkpeople and its fantastic. After I do the 21 days of habit forming work outs I will then go to every other day for 30 minutes each work out. Again nothing like the “insanity” work out. I may opt to take weekends off so my work outs would be three days a week. I still have not formulated my plan of action that far in advance. My goal is when I hit goal and half way done with my transition I can slowly start to train for a half marathon. I want to work on my “Skinny List”.
Is this extreme? I don’t think so. Had I said that this was a 45 min intense work out and harder then the “Insanity” work out I would say yes. But the idea was min to do this so I may have a biased thought process going on.
Regardless of today’s frowny face I know it was done out of concern that I am pushing myself to hard. I respect this persons opinion and I probably would have frowned too had she come up with this hair brained idea. However as far as challenges go I fear mine is tame compared to some I have seen. So totally doable.
Last night was night one and I only have 20 left to go. Not bad at all I think!!
HUGS!


No comments:

Post a Comment