Friday, September 14, 2012

Popularity


This has been on my mind a lot.  And I find it somewhat shocking and funny at the same time.

 

Is Medifast a popularity contest? How funny that they let people approve of us by “marking” them inspirational.  It’s almost as if we are voting for the Medifast Prom King and Queen.  I have “marked” many as inspirational.  But I never went out of my way to do it.  I find everyone losing weight an inspiration so why have us be voted on?  Now what I would enjoy seeing is a like button for a particular post or blog that is inspirational.  That!   I would find a useful tool.  I have seen people who have made goal with not even one vote for inspirational.  And I find others who have quit with hundreds. 

I have thought maybe I felt this way because I was jealous of the votes that I have not gotten.  But I rarely look to see if I have any so I know it’s not that.  I think this just makes me feel like I am in high school seeking approval.  And when none is given we feel inadequate in our challenges and endeavors.  I guess I don’t know what I am saying but I don’t approve of the begging for approval and inspiration that I have shamelessly seen posted a few times.

I know I may not be liked by some people I have reached out to.  It makes me sad because I don’t know why.  But it’s not like my weight loss depends on their approval.  So with that I guess I will post this useless exercise and move on ;)

 

Hugs and remember WE ARE ALL INSPIRATIONAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment