Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Three Hour Tour!


So today was day two of the wacky anniversary week.  My husband and I have chosen to do things we always want to do but don’t get to do often if at all.   Today we picked whale watching.  And what was supposed to be three hours turned out to be four and a half. 

We were blessed with some awesome views of whales and dolphins.  About an hour in we finally found two Humpbacks.  But after a quickie glance they decided to stay below.  We moved on and about 10-15 minutes later we ran across three Humpbacks showing off.  We stuck around for about 45 minutes to an hour watching them.  At one point they were like 30 feet away from me.  It was utterly amazing watching something so truly majestic. 








On our way back I was getting all comfy and about to fall asleep when I started to just stare at the water and relax.  I am a nature person.  I find whenever I need to think.  Water is where I go.  It’s kind of like meditating for me.  I watch the waves and think what I need to think.  However my thoughts were interrupted pleasantly when we were told to just look out…Where?  Anywhere!  We had about 150 dolphins everywhere around the boat.  They were frolicking, jumping, surfing our wake.  It was probably one of the most amazing things I have had the chance to see.  But damn if my phone could get a pic of any of this.  I need to buy a real camera.  But guess what?  I got my inheritance check today. Woot!  Guess who is buying a camera.  Must be me!!!


below are two pics where I tried to get some of  the dolphins.  Sorry didnt come out very well.



No comments:

Post a Comment