Monday, August 13, 2012

21 Thousand Steps later


So today was the first day of activities we had set aside for our anniversary.  We went to Newport RI and had a blast walking to all the Mansions. 

However….I is a tool.  I was all worried we wouldn’t find parking near the Mansions.  Since they have narrow roads and small parking areas I figured we would park near the Visitors Center.  DERRRR bad move cupcake.  Then my hubby got us lost walking to the Mansions.  LOL, what a comedy or errors.  So before we even started we had put in over 2 miles just trying to figure out where the H.E double hockey sticks we were. 

I had planned to see one of the Mansions at 0900 when it opened and we ended up finally getting to it at ummmmm 2.  No, not because we got that lost.  Just we figured we would go the furthest mansion first and hit that one last.  By the time we finally got the Breakers we were hardly able to even walk.  Both my husband and I were afraid if we sat down we wouldn’t be able to move again.  Yet we did.  You ever get to that point of exhaustion where you know better but you do it anyway?  Then when you finally get up to move again you hurt even worse than you did before?  Yup we did that not once but TWICE!!  Sigh!  We will never learn. 

But all in all I am very proud of the work out we got in.  I am also positive by the time it is all said and done I will have burned 3000 cals today.  If not already seeing that it was nice and hot today and I was drenched by 10 AM LOL.
Pasting my Fitbit totals cuz I am mighty pound of it.  Almost halfway to my weekly goal in one day!

Daily Totals

Calories 2494

Steps 21690

Distance 8.91 miles

Floors Climbed 24


Below are some pics.  I would have loved to take pics of the inside but we were not allowed.  Best I Can do it link you the website which has some inside pics of each place.  I also still have to go to the Topiary Gardens which is planed for this weekend.
http://www.newportmansions.org/explore/the-breakers There is a list of the Mansions on the left just scroll thru them!

This is the Marble House.  I have to admit the woman who owned this Alva Vanderbilt.  She was truly bad ass in her own way and very scary.  She was the first elite woman to get a devorce.  And made her daughter wear a brace all the time to make sure she had the perfect posture.  When she devoced out of the family she moved out of this house and used it as a "closet"...lol.  If you ask me I would love to live in this closet!
The pool in front of the Marble House.  Was might tempted to go swiming and cool off my sore feet!


She had this Pagoda built also which is amazing but Alva liked "themed" rooms.  This is now a dinning area when you visit the Mansions.



The front of Rosecliffs.  This house made me drool just a little.  I loved how unempossing the inside was.  Very oppulent but at the same time not.  And it had a perfect flow to it.  And there is my hubby forever leaving me behind..lol!


This was the best pic I could take of the Breakers, but there it is!  And again my hubby ditching me LMAO!


No comments:

Post a Comment