Friday, October 5, 2012

We are our own worst critics


Someone kindly pointed this out to me last week, when I was bashing my thunder thighs.  I can finally wear leggings but don’t feel comfortable in them because my thighs will not catch up with the rest of me.  She said I looked fine but I wonder if that is a friend not wanting to offend and be supportive or if it’s me blowing it up in my mind.  I thought about taking pictures of my TT and seeing how I felt about them looking at them from a different perspective.  But the thought kind of repulses me.

But I do think it’s funny that my friend knows me better then I seem to know myself.  I have been extremely hyper critical about my body image.  I know my body will gradually “work” its way to where it should be.  I am after 40ish pounds from my final goal.  But in the back of my mind the thought that is most persistent is that it will not catch up.  I am fine with everything except my thighs.  This includes my Gluteus Maximus which oddly enough most women find issue with.  I have always had the “ghetto booty” so it doesn’t bother me.  But the thighs……grrrrRRRRRRrrrrr!

However I am comforted by the fact that I am not alone in this.  We all find faults with parts of our bodies.  I think going thru the weight loss portion of our lives just makes us focus more on it.  Healthy or not it is what it is.  Maybe one day I will take a picture and find that I am fine just the way I am….one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment